This measurement inquiry lesson includes everything you will need to start your students off with good measurement skills in the lab, and more importantly, it leads into a lesson on significant figures that will make sense to students.
Measurement Inquiry! Includes Student Guided Inquiry Lesson and 16 task cards for the 12-station lab. Quiz w/ key is included to assess mastery.
My students really get involved with this lesson and lab, and so will yours. Student oriented, Hands On Lesson!
For this Measurement Lesson you will find these basic concepts of scientific measurement.
* The proper way to use scientific measuring tools: metric ruler, meter stick, graduated cylinder, triple beam balance, and thermometer.
* How to correctly record a measurement showing the precision of the tool
* Defining and identifying accuracy and precision
* Calculating percent error
Once laminated and ready, you will want to keep this one and use it year after year!
included in this packet:
* Inquiry Lesson with Answer Sheet and Key
* Measurement Lab with Station Task Cards
12 Stations with 16 Task Cards
Measurement Directions and Guides for Each Station
* Measurement Lab Recording Sheet for Students
* Teacher Lab Guide with all Set Up, Materials, and Tips
* Measurement Student Lab Sheet Key
* Measurement Quiz with Key (Great for assessing mastery)
Check out these other products that you may be interested in: